1) HAND WASHING PRECAUTIONS
Silk clothes are woven from health care delicate protein fiber, it is best to wash by hand.
- Use special silk detergent or mild liquid soap. Shake the detergent in the water before putting it on the clothes;
- The water temperature should not be too high.
- Do not soak the clothes in water for more than 15 minutes;
- Rub gently with your hands; Rinse with clean water after washing to remove soap, do not wring it out.
2) DRY CLEANING PRECAUTIONS
- Washing can not be rubbed with rough objects and wash by washing machine, it is better to wash by hand.
- Use special cleaning supplies to wash. avoid alkaline detergents, soaps, powdered detergents or other detergents. never use disinfectant.
- Never wash directly with soap, because the fatty acid anions produced by soap in water combine with calcium and magnesium ions in the water to form a precipitate of water-insoluble fatty acid calcium and magnesium fatty acid. this sediment is very sticky and silk has a positive charge. once it is deposited on silk clothing, it is difficult to rinse.
- The water temperature during washing is about 30 degrees.
- After washing silk dresses, it is not recommended to dry them under sunlight or fluorescent lights, and it is not recommended to dry them with a tumble dryer. in general, they should be placed in a cool and ventilated place to dry. because the ultraviolet rays in the sun easily make silk fabrics yellow, faded and aged.
- Silk wrinkles, does not twist when washing, should be gently shaken and spread on the opposite side, avoid overlapping or folding to dry, so as not to stain.
- After a long time, silk clothes are easy to stiffen. soak with silk softener or white vinegar dilution to restore smoothness.